Friday, January 28, 2011

Potty Training

Not to be outdone by the arrival of his little brother, Kai decided to fully take on his potty training while I was in the hospital.
 When he came to visit me and Noah he was very eager to show me how he can do it all on his own. I am very proud to say I am the mama of a potty trained two and a half year old. 

3 comments:

carol said...

That is wonderful! Any potty tips? We could use some!

Naoto & Courtney Ikeda said...

Ya know Carol, I actually think it was the arrival of Noah that did it. We haven't had any jealousy issues yet, but Kai quickly realized that when he began using the potty all the attention is focused on him. No matter what was going on we made sure to stop what were doing and praise him like crazy and give him a special treat. Although now I have a toddler with a serious jellybean addition, but I'm willing to live with that for a little while. Will definitely write you a proper email to catch up when I have a bit more time. xoxo

carol said...

Thanks for the help. We are trying but not making any progress yet. I am thrilled for you and would take the jellybean addition over changing diapers. Enjoy and I know that you are busy. It is such a speical time and it goes so fast!