Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Boys Take on Kuala Lumpur Sans Mama

This post goes out to all those crazy dads out there, who are brave enough to take on the kiddos solo to support their working wives - even when those wives are asked to work a three week assignment, and to the moms who may be better off not knowing just what goes on when we're away. Here's to you Daddy-o! May I present to you the Ikeda boys big Kuala Lumpur adventure (Hangover Style):
Away they go- Naoto picking up the boys before heading out of Tokyo.
On the plane- business class (it was Air Asia but kudos boys for attempting to travel in style)
Hello KL (view from KL Tower)
Taking on some shopping
Some fine dining
Experiencing the many,often spicy, tastes of Malaysia.
Next up: Aquarium
 
And now we're apparently on a pony -no further explanation was given on this one.
Or this one. All I was told was that this moment happened sometime after the pony but before the bird park. What exactly Kai is hugging is still a mystery.
Day one complete - let the late night (before 8-maybe 8:30p.m) partying begin!
Noah drawing on the couch at the Ritz. Somehow this kid finds a pen no matter where he is. Not even going to go into what a portion of my hallway looks like upon my return.
Rock on little dudes- rock on!
I think I'll just let these images speak for themselves.
New Day: First up Bird Park Show

I was amazed that they actually sat still to watch the show
Apparently naps were not part of the itinerary on this excellent adventure since a playground followed the bird park.

Day Three: Science Center
On the train to meet up with Mommy
And my sweet boy has returned- not for very long but I'll take any moment I can get. To be continued.....





1 comment:

Carol Dittmar said...

Not only did Naoto do an amazing job taking care of the little guys - no bumps, scrapes, bruises- he kept them entertained, and even their clothes matched! What a guy!