Saturday, October 27, 2012

Pumpkins

Our first time pumpkin picking
Noah had zero interest in carrying around a pumpkin but did seem to enjoy picking up large clumps of dirt.
Searching for the largest, heaviest, dirtiest one in the patch.
A still unimpressed Noah
 
 
 
Hayride
Country bumpkin sucking flavored honey from a stick.
The Bean giving me the look of 'yeah I am going to shove this honey stick in my mouth even though I've dropped it about a million times on the muddy ground and let's face it Ma you're not gonna do anything about it.'
Noah declaring: Game on as he focuses intently on creating his masterpiece. I really hope I am right in thinking this child will do something creative in life.  He really does get a tremendous amount of joy from writing on my walls, painting on my carpet, and pretty much drawing on ANYTHING you dare to leave out. And just when you think you've hidden any utensil that could create or leave a mark, there he is with an electric blue cray-pas vigorously scribbling circles into the carpet while smiling with the cutest little chant "mite mommy mite (look mommy look)."  If he ends up being a doctor or lawyer I suppose I'll have to take comfort in knowing he can afford my weekly visits to his home where I come in and just tear sh*t up.
Carving his pumpkin with Cioci Stacey
Cioci hot on Kai's tail. Only my sister is tiny enough to ride that miniature elephant without the whole thing collapsing.
Another great visit with the Birrer boys.
A quick snap with Mema and Pepa before we head back home.
Kai showing me his 'cute pose' while standing next to a tree uprooted from Superstorm Sandy. He loved that we had no power for two days and got to run around with a flashlight - me not so much.




1 comment:

Carol Dittmar said...

Can't even say how much we miss those little boys!!!! Love you!